Columb Barracks was the last surviving Artillery Barracks in the Republic of Ireland. The Barracks was built in 1814 and occupied since 1819. It was the home to nearly 200 troops along with some of their families. On 28th March 2012 the Barracks was closed as part of the Irish Goverments attempt to cut-back on spending.
A limited publication of the work is available here.